Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Green Sinner



This feeling clutching my heart
A vice of green sin tightening when I see her on you
Even in the same building as you
So proud am I of who I have around my waist
And I know that summertime romance ended abruptly
Yet forever within my mind this lust
This craving for you; your flesh and mind and heart and being
It will tell me different than what I know
And make me want you for my own so that I may be satisfied
So I could be her in those moments you had
Lips pressed like rose petals
Poets can’t describe with infinite words the feelings I have for you
Nor can the Devil create a sin greater than this
Ireland is not as green as my eyes
Or flowers as pink as my cheeks
Or a room filled with the most beautiful blue butterflies to be and ever will be, with feathers on their wings, fluttering with all their might
As uneasy and joyous as my stomach when I see you
But this snake on my body
Around my heart
Within my mind
It pulls me further away from and I can’ have
Into a reality I do not wish to face
Not infatuation or obsession or love
Just want to have her gone and there be only you
And to have that kiss stop playing in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment